American & Global Courses
Drugs and Work Don’t Mix
You want a safe, drug-free environment for your employees.
We can help.
Drug and alcohol abuse in the workplace can have a severely negative impact on your workplace and workforce: on performance, safety, health and well-being, not only of the individual in question, but also the rest of your workforce. Ultimately, it will even negatively impact your profit margin, in terms of cost to your company in lost productivity, as well as the loss of valuable skills and knowledge held by the employee struggling with abuse.
How you deal with it has equally important ramifications and potential impact on your workplace and your workforce.
Of course, drug and alcohol abuse is complicated and challenging in nature, which is why organizations cannot be expected to navigate dealing with it in the workplace alone. Help and training in this area is critical.
At Waking Up Workplace we understand exactly how much drug and alcohol abuse in the workplace can negatively impact your workplace. We understand all the legal, emotional, and physical ramifications that come with dealing with it incorrectly. And we understand exactly how to help ensure your organization deals with it in the correct, most respectful, safest manner possible. In short, we help American organizations – both large and small, and everything in between – implement practical and hands-on techniques for dealing with drug and alcohol abuse in the workplace that focus on empathy, efficacy and ethical practices.
Why should companies participate in training to deal with substance abuse in the workplace?
More than just offering kindness and a helping hand to any of your employees in distress due to substance abuse, training on how to deal with drug and alcohol substance abuse in the workplace is increasingly becoming a legal requirement for the success of our businesses, our economy and our family life. USA Regulatory Agencies, at Federal and State Levels, have specific sets of rules about both drug and alcohol abuse and misuse in the workplace by employees, and how you, the employer, deals with it.
What this means is that you, as an employer, have a legal obligation, along with any moral obligation you may feel, to accommodate individuals struggling with substance abuse within your organization.
The best way to fulfill this obligation? Start by learning how to deal with an employee’s substance abuse empathetically, effectively and ethically. This is something which can be achieved only with proper training in the tried, tested and trusted techniques in this arena, such as that offered by Waking Up Workplace Trainings.
What are the advantages to taking these courses?
Waking Up Workplace Trainings offer training courses that can give you, your supervisors, and your managers a solid and comprehensive education on how to empathetically, effectively and lawfully handle substance abuse or misuse in the workplace.
This will allow you and your staff to feel extremely confident in handling this issue if it arises at work.
More than this, it will give you a solid base of information and learning to implement a properly developed company policy that clearly states the consequences to the employee for any drug or alcohol abuse that occurs in the workplace.
At the top level, the course provides an overview of how USA Regulatory Agencies, at Federal and State Levels, treat drug and alcohol abuse and misuse in the workplace. In addition:
- We help prevent workplace accidents by educating your staff about issues of substance abuse and implementing reasonable cause suspicion training guidelines.
- We help develop protocols for proper documentation and appropriate discussions with at risk employees that put principles to work in a practical accessible tool kit.
- As an independent voice with a level of authority that is outside your organization, we are effective at initiating beneficial changes.
By using Waking Up Workplace Trainings as a third-party provider for drug and alcohol awareness training, many issues can be brought up and discussed in a neutral and objective setting. This allows for much more effective implementation of practices and techniques, and much greater acceptance thereof from your employees.
Ultimately, proper training in how to deal with drug and alcohol abuse in the workplaces means that:
- Protocols for dealing with performance mandates can be improved;
- Supervisors can be shown better and additional ways to deal with employees who may be in a vulnerable position; and
- Employees can be educated in the impact substance abuse can have on them and their colleagues, allowing them to accept protocols and understand why it matters.
Finally, given that all our training programs are online in the form of webinars and E-Learning courses, and designed specifically for effective online learning and maximum impact, we can provide your company with the very best training in how to deal with substance abuse in the workplace no matter what your situation or size. Whether you employ 2 or 2,000; whether your employees’ workspace exists in a massive warehouse setting, on-site offices, or a remote, work-from-home situation; whether your offices are in one town or spread across the world at multiple locations; whether you work in the public or private sector, our courses are designed to deliver excellence.
Supervisor CourseSupervisor Awareness Guide around Substance Abuse and Reasonable Cause Suspicion Training
- Provides an overview of how the United States Regulatory Agencies treat drug and alcohol abuse and misuse in the workplace.
- In-depth coverage of the duties, responsibilities and obligations of every employee, supervisor and management as defined by regulatory agencies.
- Details of physical, behavioural, speech, and performance indicators of some of the effects of street drugs, alcohol, and more recently pharmaceutical medications on the body.
- Information on prescription drugs, and patterns of abuse.
- Explanations of, and in-depth discussions around, the myths and facts of drug and substance addiction.
- Tips for developing protocols for proper documentation and appropriate discussions with at risk employees.
- Guidance and tips for supervisors on how to initiate the difficult conversation with a problem employee.
- Statistics and costs to employers and to the economy in terms of lost production times, profits, salaries and the cost in terms of personal loss on an individual basis (e.g., lost livelihoods and broken families).
- Details of physical, behavioral, speech and performance indicators of probable substance abuse and misuse.
- Information on prescription drugs, and patterns of abuse.
- Extensive coaching to help you and managerial staff develop skills to deal with difficult employees and sensitive issues, as well as implement proper protocols for dealing with alcohol and substance abuse issues in the workplace
- Short quizzes and printable review notes.
- Certificate of Completion and complete course notes issued and available for printout.
Employee CourseEmployee Workplace Substance Abuse Education Training Course
- Our courses go one step further by offering an option which focuses on educating all employees, not just managerial staff, on the impacts and dangers of substance abuse within the workplace. This helps all staff understand both the legal and human impact substance abuse can have on both themselves and their colleagues.
- What’s more, with new work restrictions governing social distancing both in public spaces and in “at home work spaces” it is especially important to have all employees be more sensitive to the dangers of engaging in a more relaxed attitude to the effects of usage of alcohol and drugs as a form of stress relief and as a relaxant.
- This course provides employees with detailed information about the risks associated with alcohol and substance abuse in workplace settings, and
- This course also lays out the requirements and responsibilities of each employee under the law to maintain a drug-free working environment.
Select Your Course and Register Online
Online Training for Employees and Supervisors
Who it’s for:
Micro & Small Businesses
(up to 25 employees)
Waking Up Workplace Trainings is especially helpful to small business owners and other agencies who have to seek outside training on preventing workplace related drug and alcohol substance abuse in their employees.
When it comes to workplace substance abuse, small businesses have big disadvantages and are most vulnerable in terms of inadequate training because:
- They are less likely to have programs in place to combat the problem, and are generally less aware and up to date on recent changes in the law around workplace drug and alcohol substance abuse.
- They can sometimes have an easy going and tolerant attitude to drug and alcohol substance abuse and misuse in the workplace.
- They depend on every employee to carry their own workload. When that is reduced due to problems with an employee who is under the influence of drug and alcohol substance abuse, both the business and the other employees suffer.
- Unfortunately, the cost of just one error caused by an impaired employee can devastate a small company.
Medium & Large Corporations
(more than 25 employees)
Waking Up Workplace Trainings offers a valuable service to larger size companies.
- By using Waking Up Workplace Trainings as a third party provider for drug and alcohol awareness trainings, many issues can be brought up and discussed in a neutral and objective setting.
- Protocols for dealing with performance mandates can be improved and supervisors can be shown additional ways to deal with employees who may be in a vulnerable position .
- Supervisors and Managers of larger companies are “in the front line” of enforcing company policy when it comes to drug and alcohol abuse in the workplace. Safety concerns are of paramount importance in dealing with substance abuse.
- As a third party provider, Waking Up Workplace Trainings is in a neutral position of helping to re-inforce the corporate culture that is being aspired to, or alternatively, help create one that supports everyone.
What you get:
With our courses, you get all the information governing drug and alcohol substance abuse in the workplace, in a method that is easy to understand.
You will come away knowing:
Delivering straight up talk— No chaser!
On workplace impairment and safety issues due to drug and alcohol abuse.
Are you ready to wake up? Contact us today!